What is the Tips feature on Twitter
Tips feature lets you add links to select third-party payment services to your Twitter profile. When you turn on Tips on your profile, people can support you by tapping on your Tips icon to send you money or Bitcoin off-platform via the third-party payment services and platforms you have added.
How to enable Tips on your Twitter profile
- Open Twitter app on iOS or Android device.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the Edit Profile button.
- Then tap Tips, which is off by default.
- You will be required to consent to the company’s General Tipping policy.
- Toggle Allow tips to on.
- Choose the third-party services you’d like to use.
- Add in your third-party service username.
A similar feature is also available in Twitter’s Clubhouse-like feature Spaces. It allows creators to charge for the live access feature.
This week the micro-blogging platform also rolled out a new update that prevents tweets from disappearing while users are reading them on the web. The social networking giant rolled out the fix after many users complained about the issue.
Some Twitter users complained about the auto-refresh feature as the refresh happens at some very inconvenient times, like right in the middle of reading a tweet. The timeline zooms back up to the top and the user loses track of what they were reading. The company announced about the update through a post from its Support handle.